Well, on Sunday night I told my boss that I quit. It was
a crazy day, not in a good way. Nabila had called me, wanting me to put in more
hours, someone stole my debit card information and spent my entire balance, and
I had the beginnings of the flu, or some virus. All of it added up and I decided
I was done. So Monday, I spent the day making return plans and being really
sick. Not fun. My boss asked me to write
up a list of complaints about the school. One of the administrators at the
school called me and could not understand why there had been any problems. Too
bad for them. I was the last of the English teachers left, now there aren’t
any. And they will keep having problems unless they change something.
At first I felt guilty, and like a big wuss, but not
anymore. Now that I’ve calmed down and I’m not so sick, I still feel like I
made the right decision and I don’t regret anything. I’m glad I came, I’ve had
a lot of fun, I’ve learned a lot about myself through the unpleasant parts, and
now I’m glad I’m going home.
So I’m headed back to the States in a few days, with no real plan, no
job and only some vague ideas of what kind of job I’m looking for. The
adventure continues!
Now that I’m not teaching, I’ve been able to see and do
more cool things. Here are some pictures of the Roman amphitheater in Amman.
The tour guide said that all the red in the stone are stains from all the sacrifices made at this altar.... Hmm.... Most of the stones in the amphitheater were this color, but cool story!
Some other teachers, Geoff, Uncle Mark and Noah. Great people.
In one of the passageways that leads to the arena. They now use it as a museum. I was more fascinated by the passageway than the art inside it.
One of the mosaics in the museum. The tour guide was hilarious. He positioned my exactly like this in front of the mosaic so it would look like I had wings made of feathers attached to my head, haha.
A view from the top of the amphitheater. The steps were very steep and very narrow, and the amphitheater was surprisingly high, so I actually got scared at the top.
A view of the theater and city. Such a cool place.
I've had some amazing food, been to some more cool places, I'll post more about them soon. So much to do before I fly out on Friday!






I'm glad that you quit. The school administrators need to get their act together and keep their promises. I'm glad that you've had an adventure in Jordan! Other cultures are so fascinating. Maybe someday you'll go back to the Middle East and have another look around. Have fun in Houston with Mike and Natalie!
ReplyDeleteWow, what a whirlwind adventure! Pretty awesome. :)
ReplyDeleteToo bad it didn't work out, but I'm glad you stood up for yourself. Love you. Be safe.
ReplyDelete