Thursday, September 11, 2014

Shawarma!

I just realized that today is 9/11. How crazy that I’m in the Middle East right now.

I’m pretty content in this instant. I’m eating shawarma outside, which is a tortilla-sandwich kind of thing with sweet and spicy meat, there is a nice breeze going around as the sun is starting to set, and I even have some ice cream waiting for me. I’ve been craving something sweet, but I haven’t really been able to find anything besides western ice cream and candy in the local street stores. I think I will have to go to a real restaurant to find something more culturally native to Jordan.

Penelope and Denise have both refused to go back to the kindergarten school, so I was on my own today. I don’t blame them at all. I may be getting switched out of the kindergarten school as well, which I think would be nice. Even though things at that school are slightly better than before, it’s more exhausting and unpleasant than it is enjoyable and rewarding. We’ll see.

I don’t have much to write about today. I’m going to bask in the sunshine a little longer and just laze around for the rest of the evening. I don’t teach tomorrow! And I get to go to church! Both things to celebrate.


Does anyone have any good recommendations for books? I’m currently in a non-fiction phase. Send me a message if you do!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I hope you learn how to make Shawarma so you can make it for us when you get home. :-)

    I hope you get transferred out of the kindergarten school -- that would be a blessing so it seems.

    A great non-fiction book that I've read lately is "Quiet: The Power of Introverts" or something like that. It is very good and thought-provoking. I think you would like it.

    Have a lovely Sabbath! Enjoy the rest from your labors!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete